Monday, June 16, 2014

Cherry Pickin' Time (and Lipa too)

We went yesterday to pick cherries and lipa.  We went to a village right outside of Kyustendil that had a beautiful view of the city.  Kyustendil is surrounded by 3 mountains, Osogovo (being the largest and toward Macedonia), Konyavo (that we travel over going to Sofia), and Lisets (which is toward Serbia and the one which my previous post was about).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyustendil_Province (more info. of our region)
My friend's family is from Lisets.  They have some cherry trees that needed to be picked.  Here are some pictures from our adventure.





Afterwards we went to pick lipa.  I believe it is called Lindon in english.  If you pick the small leaves that have a bud coming off of them, you can dry them and make a great tea.  The tea helps with blood pressure and helps you sleep well.  I have a cup every night.  They sell it in the apteka (pharmacy), but I like the real thing better.  Alan was a big help pulling down the limbs so Borislava and I could pick the leaves.


It's now drying on newspaper in Catherine's old room.

No comments:

Post a Comment